Monday, May 11, 2009

Restaurant Review--Stonewood Grill

Okay so in some peoples eyes having a cat and two dogs doesn't really qualify as deserving a Mother's Day gift. I would disagree. That being said we had dinner last night at Stonewood Grill . One word comes to mind: Excellent! That goes for both the food and the service.

We decided against ordering an appetizer but the warm sourdough bread with fresh butter was more than enough. We did each order a salad. I had a half ceasar salad and my wife had a half tomato and mozzarella salad. Both were quite large and very tasty. For our entrees Chris had the pot roast with garlic mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables. I ordered the shrimp and scallop skewer with creamy corn risotto. Both were delicious though I might give the edge to the pot roast. If you like seafood though you won't go wrong. We were too full to order dessert but the temptation was there.

This is really a special occasion type restaurant with steaks running near $30. If you go all out with appetizer, entree, dessert, and drinks you are looking at serious money. Fortunately we had a gift certificate I won in a silent auction at work and also a coupon from their complimentary magazine Casual Flavors . Our bill still came to around $25 with tip but well worth it. The atmosphere is nice and like I said the service was excellent. If you get a chance to go I would say don't miss out!

No comments: